The home staging business is a success because:
· U.S. Housing and Urban Development reports that a
staged house sells, on average, 17% higher than an
· Statistics suggest staged homes sell at an average of
6.32% over what they are listed for. Non staged homes
only average 1.6% over the listed price.
· The New York Village Voice reported that the average
number of days on the market for a staged house was
13.9 versus 30.9 days for an unstaged house.
· 2003 HomeGain survey of 2,000 real estate agents
nationwide found that moderately priced home
improvements, ranging from $80 – $2800, made in
preparation for sale, actually yielded the highest returns
when a house is sold.
· Only 10% of home buyers can actually visualize the
potential of a home.
· A study by the National Association of the Remodeling Industry found that a $700 paint job results in a 200% recovery of the cost upon resale of the home.
(National Post, Mar. 11/04)
For more statistics on staging, also visithttp://www.stagedhomes.com/mediacenter/stagingstatistics.php
or from USA Today http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/housing/2006-10-27-mym-staging_x.htm